What is Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide)?
Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) is a potent combo gel used to treat acne on the skin. It may create dry skin, and it may be costly.
- Adapalene is a kind of retinoid. It prevents pimples from developing beneath the skin and reduces redness and irritation.
- A topical antibiotic is benzoyl peroxide. It aids in the killing of germs that cause outbreaks.
- Apply a pea-sized amount to the affected area of skin once a day and gently massage it in.
- The FDA has approved a lower strength (0.1 percent adapalene/2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide) for adults and children over the age of nine. The brand name for the medication’s lower strength is Epiduo.
- Adults and children over the age of 12 can use the stronger version (0.3 percent adapalene/2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide). The brand name for the stronger version is Epiduo Forte.