|USA Brand Name||?Xenical|
|Manufacturer||?Intas Pharmaceuticals, India|
Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat)
What Is The Generic Name For Obelit:
Orlistat?is the generic version for Obelit
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat):
About Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat)
Obelit 120 mg contains an active ingredient, Orlistat, which is used for weight loss in obese people and is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. It must be given by doctor?s prescription only.
Intas Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Obelit 120 mg.
Obelit 120 mg contains an active ingredient, Orlistat, 120 mg per capsule which is also available in the other substitutes with different strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat):
Obelit 120 mg helps in weight loss with diet planning and Exercise
How Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat) Works:
There is an enzyme responsible for breakdown of fats so that fats can be absorbed by the body after its breakdown and thus increases the fat deposition in our body. Obelit 120 mg (Orlistat) basically inhibits this enzyme responsible for the breakdown of fats in the intestine preventing the digestion and absorption of fats in the intestine.
Before You Use Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Orlistat
- You do not have any Serious Illness
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (pre- existing disease, surgeries, medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat):
You should not take Obelit 120 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Poor Absorption Issues
- Are not obese or overweight
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney/Pancreatic Ailments
- Have Diabetes Mellitus
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You: ?
- Have Allergy To The Capsule
- Have any Kidney/Liver/Pancreatic Disease
- Have Gall Bladder Problems
- Are taking Blood Thinning Agents, Antidiabetic Medicines, and Thyroid Diseases
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/Breastfeeding
- Are using other Weight Losing Products
Obelit 120 mg contains Orlistat, which is used in weight loss in obese people. It may be available in other substitutes with different strengths but you must buy the prescribed medicine. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time as age and severity of the condition differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Obelit 120 mg at a fixed time with food as instructed by your Doctor. Take it regularly by time for better effects. It is important to take it with low fat diet. Do not skip your diets. Exercise and plenty of water is also an important part of this program.
How Much Of The Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat) to Be Used:
Obelit 120 mg should be taken as one capsule per fatty meal. Patients are advised to follow their doctor?s prescriptions and instructions to take Obelit 120 mg as dose will depend upon the patient?s current health.
How To Take The Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat):
Obelit 120 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with fatty diet. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. Obelit 120 mg is preferably taken regularly once or twice daily and multivitamins are must to take while you are on this therapy.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat):
Patients are advised to take Obelit 120 mg as long as prescribed by the doctors. Do not start/stop using this medicine on your own. You are not advised to take it more than 3 capsules per day and also not for a longer period than recommended.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like diarrhea, Bowel Incontinence, Abdominal cramps, flatulence, Diarrhea, etc.
Do not give your medicine to your relatives if they ask to reduce their weight. Let them visit the doctor and follow the prescriptions.
You should try to take every dose of Obelit 120 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Obelit 120 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double or multiply the doses for the next time if you missed once or more. Talk to your doctor if you have missed your dose multiple times.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Obelit 120 Mg (Orlistat):
- Bowel incontinence
- Flatus with discharge
- Oily spotting
- Abdominal cramps
- Soft stools
- Unusual Tiredness and Weakness
- Tooth Problems
- Trouble Sleeping
- Yellow Colored Eyes or Skin
- Abnormal Bowel Movements
- Menstrual Change
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Obelit 120 mg may interact with many other medicines causing some adverse effects or your drug not to work properly. Always discuss with your doctor if you are on other medication, vitamins, or herbal supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Antidiabetic Drugs
It also interferes with lab tests:
- Blood Tests
Warning And Precaution:
Obelit 120 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Gasterointestinal diseases
- Liver/Kidney Diseases
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment when you are suffering from all these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- multivitamins like vitamins A, D, E, and K must be taken at bedtime to prevent further complications
- Keep monitoring your whole Blood Cell Counts and Glucose Levels
- Regular Exercise and a balanced diet will help you to reduce your weight
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children
- Read the information written on the leaflet/insert of medicine carefully
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Capsule
Obelit 120 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not Skip the meal or do not take low fat diet while taking Orlistat.
Store the Obelit 120 mg at room temperature in dark, clean and dry place. Before purchasing make sure that the capsules are fine without any sign of damage.